6.23.2011

Fundraising Continues

Fundraising continues to move forward and God is always good with His timing and provision.  We sit at around 82% and are starting to see things slow down as everyone's summer calendars fill up.  There is still plenty of things in the works and lots of road trips to be completed, so we aren't concerned.  We've seen God do too much at this point to be concerned.

There are some very good things going on around us.  Today is Ezekiel's first birthday and -- while he seems to have a little tummy-ache this morning -- we are looking forward to watching him destroy a birthday cake tonight.  Also, we did accomplish our major goal of a yard sale last weekend -- making some money and liquidating lots of stuff, putting us in a place to be ready to move in August. 

While we aren't "concerned" about our fundraising, on a personal note, I am finding it harder and harder to surrender my anxiety to God.  We have made all of our contacts and are just waiting for call-backs.  Even though I have done all that I can do on my end, it is hard to wait on God and not try to force things (confessions of a control freak).  I went out yesterday and walked on one of my favorite paths.  I sat above Shoshone Falls for a few hours and I prayed for each of our contact households -- our supporters, those considering support, and those we haven't talked to yet -- giving them to God and praying for each of their families and life situations.  It was an incredibly healthy time for me; maybe that can be an encouragement to somebody else.

I'm learning a lot in this process and growing much closer to God through these times.  May you know that you are loved, appreciated, and prayed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment